Your initial assessment:
• If at all possible, please come to your appointment dressed in running or gym gear, (we have an area where you can change), and please bring along any running shoes you regularly wear.
• Successful running injury rehab starts with a thorough assessment & diagnosis of your injury. In a small number of cases, this can require a referral on for further investigations, such as an MRI scan, to assist the diagnostic process & make sure that you get the treatment that you need to fully recover & get back to running as soon as possible.
• If you are still able to run, completing a treadmill-based gait analysis is an important part of your assessment to identify if your running style, may be contributing to your injury. Where appropriate, this allows for gait retraining to take place, giving you simple advice regarding technical adjustments to your running style.
• You will be provided with a tailored, injury-specific rehabilitation program to address any deficits, such as muscle strength, flexibility & balance. You will also be advised if hands-on treatment such as joint mobilisations, massage, & taping techniques are likely to be helpful to assist your recovery.
• Finally, your clinical diagnosis will be discussed & a treatment plan will be agreed with you, which will aim to work towards your running & exercise related goals.